Kahvakuulaurheilu.net

Keskustelufoorumi
Tänään on Pe Huhti 19, 2024 11:09 pm

Kaikki ajat ovat UTC

Aloita uusi ketju Vastaa viestiin  [ 254 viestiä ]  Mene sivulle Edellinen  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Seuraava
Kirjoittaja Viesti
ViestiLähetetty: Pe Huhti 03, 2009 5:50 pm 
Poissa
Funktionaalisuuden ruumiillistuma

Tilasin Vuoripexiltä Gymtecin 2x28kg kuulat (kolmiokahvat) ja niissä oli kahvan alapinnat ihan sairaan surkeat. Ne olivat todella karheat, oikeastaan ihan tosissaan "möykkyset". Niinkuin niihin ois hitsattu lisää metallia.

Ongelma ratkesi rälläkällä... :roll:

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: Ma Heinä 13, 2009 8:05 am 
Poissa
Pitkä sykkeli kahdella pommilla

Eleikoltakin on tulossa kuulia Suomeen:
Kuva
http://www.voimaharjoittelu.fi/artikkel ... le_id=2607
http://kauppa.voimaharjoittelu.fi/eleik ... 4_189.html

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: To Syys 17, 2009 9:09 am 
Poissa
The Traveling Girevik

Kukka kirjoitti:
Kuva

Hi,
Sorry to return to old issues, but would someone mind to give some English feedback on the new harjoittelu-bell "Kettlebellathletics"?
I have looked a bit on this thread but translated by google. It works fine for training logs, but more advanced stuff is a bit like a kabbalaistic search for the Da Vinci code :D .
I need a pair of good 24s. I have a pair of old model Compact competition bells. They stand straight out from my wrists and want to break them and, and....
First choice would be a pair of Leoko, but economy does not allow that right now.

Second option, I think, is the Kettlebellathletics-bell.
I tried it in Latvia, as I remember, I liked it. Maybe the handle was a little slippery, but ok. Still, in Ventspils I spent so little time using the bells - and endorphines might have influenced my judging.
So, I would like to hear from someone who has tried out these bells more.
Especially, I am concerned about the height of the handle relative to diameter of body and if they clean and rack well.

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: To Syys 17, 2009 9:29 am 
Poissa
Meikit, ketjut ja GS-vyöt

Tempo, I have one of those (20 kg) and I think it's fine. Yes the handle is smooth and has to be fixed - but don't they all? It might take a while, but all you need is rough sandpaper, water and chalk. For example Cimes did pretty damn good Chalk Job to my bell in Latvia.

The handle is not as thick as Leoko's handle, then again it's slightly thicker than for example the handle of the Compact bell (I've got one of those too and naturally I've measured everything :mrgreen: ).

I think the guys in Lieto GS Club have several KB Athletics bells. I can interview them today and let you know!

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: To Syys 17, 2009 9:45 am 
Poissa

Tempo kirjoitti:
I need a pair of good 24s. I have a pair of old model Compact competition bells. They stand straight out from my wrists and want to break them and, and....

To be honest, I'm not sure if the difference is that big in any of these comp bells. It's about millimeters anyway. That KB Athletics bell is closer to Leoko bell, but cannot promise that it would change anything. What is the problem is your rack and not the bell? :o

I do my jerk sets with 4 different kinds of comp bells: AKC, Leoko, KB Athletics and Compact. There isn't that much difference. One millimeter or so, thicker handle, just balls here and there.

"The height of the handle relative to diameter of body" (and this shit is just my measurement, nothing to really trust) :mrgreen:

Leoko 5,2 cm
KB Athletics 5,2 cm
Compact 5,5 cm
AKC 5,5 cm

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: To Syys 17, 2009 11:07 am 
Poissa
The Traveling Girevik

Thanks guys! Shit this is getting complicated, models, milimeters... :D

1. You have the AKC bell over there? Is that the same as Choice-of-Champions (and Perform better)? Ca 33mm diameter handle, a smaller round logo. Yes, these are nicer.

2. Kukka, it would be great if you could talk with the Lieto lifters.

3. I think there is a difference depending on the bell. Besides the feeling... if I look at my max in jerk: with "fitness 24s" 48reps (10min); kettlebellathletics 50 reps (10min). With old Compact comp bell, maybe 30 reps (7min?, no way to go 10min) and then the heel of my hands hurt. It could, of course, be psychological, but then, why not with the kettlebellathletics-bell? :)

4. The Leoko I think, racked nicely, and that it's body diameter does not increase as steeply right below the handle. This could be psychological as well, as I like the setting of that bell. I never tried to max out, or lift, with 24kg Leoko, though.

5. This is scary [smilie=10.gif] : I measured the gap inside handle top of body of my harjoitt/Compact comp bells: got 5,9 cm on one and 6,0 cm on the other. It is difficult to measure there, so before I go to court I will measure again. I bought discount ones with messed up logo, can that make a difference?

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: To Syys 17, 2009 11:46 am 
Poissa

Tempo kirjoitti:
You have the AKC bell over there? Is that the same as Choice-of-Champions (and Perform better)? Ca 33mm diameter handle, a smaller round logo. Yes, these are nicer.

I have AKC bells. Not sure if those are similar. I have never even heard of "Choice-of-Champions". Sounds like a hamburger to me. Royal-with-Cheese? :mrgreen:

Tempo kirjoitti:
3. I think there is a difference depending on the bell. Besides the feeling... if I look at my max in jerk: with "fitness 24s" 48reps (10min); kettlebellathletics 50 reps (10min). With old Compact comp bell, maybe 30 reps (7min?, no way to go 10min) and then the heel of my hands hurt. It could, of course, be psychological, but then, why not with the kettlebellathletics-bell? :)

Yeah, I was talking about comp bells. Not that there is anything "wrong" with the fitness ones, just don't like to train with those at all. Snatching is painful, the rack is annoying .. just name it. But of course I'm a KB snob with my chalking and so on. [smilie=0.gif] I do agree, some of the comp bells feel better - but it also depends on many things like the size of your hands etc.

Then again - I haven't done doubles with those KB Athletics bells, so I really shouldn't be talking here. :|

Tempo kirjoitti:
5. This is scary [smilie=10.gif] : I measured the gap inside handle top of body of my harjoitt/Compact comp bells: got 5,9 cm on one and 6,0 cm on the other. It is difficult to measure there, so before I go to court I will measure again. I bought discount ones with messed up logo, can that make a difference?

I'm not surprised. Anything can make the difference, that's something I'm starting to learn. I have so many comp bells at my home, I've tried several different ones and basically it's just never perfect. At least it's hard to find a perfect couple .. and if it's just 1 mm, does it matter?

Even though the bells are made in the same factory, there might be differences. Why is that? Well, I don't know. Because it's an iron ball and the Chinese people don't lift the KB's they make? :mrgreen: If you get 2 exactly similar bells, good. I'm not that optimistic at all. 1 millimeter or 10 grams doesn't matter .. just IMO.

Leoko is exceptional but those are hand made. Again; I will talk with the Lieto GS guys. But I'm pretty sure you'd find that KB Athletics bell good.

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: To Syys 17, 2009 1:12 pm 
Poissa
The Traveling Girevik

Kiitos again!
Yes, the balance should make a big difference, that's probably the main explanation. Add to that some mms here and there and individual proportions of the hands/forearms.
My comp 24s are also bottom heavy.

Marks: Thanks for the Lieto comp invitation! Unfortunately, it would be hard to make it. Maybe, I will be able to show up if there is an open lc comp later on though.

Kukka: I don't want to take up your time too much (I already made you measure :D ). But if you are going to meet the Lieto guys anyway, it would be nice if you asked them (esp what they think about balance and so).

Coice of Campions: look tasty right? [smilie=14.gif]
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_VVDOYYYXbw4/SnxRp4ArJQI/AAAAAAAAAW0/aDKyJRrAPKE/s1600-h/NYMARKEL28KG(2).JPG

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: To Syys 17, 2009 6:09 pm 
Poissa

Tempo kirjoitti:
Kukka: I don't want to take up your time too much (I already made you measure :D ). But if you are going to meet the Lieto guys anyway, it would be nice if you asked them (esp what they think about balance and so).

Well I've measured those long time ago, so no problem. :)

Anyway, I met the guys and they said that they like those bells .. "fucking great!" was the actual expression, so I guess there's nothing wrong with those. :mrgreen: I tried few jerks too (2 x 20 kg) and IMO those are fine too.

About balance, hard to say. Like Marko wrote, "Leoko is the only one that we know of, that really balances the bell on the inside too".

Not that I really knew, but my guts tell me that none of the Asian factories are really focusing on balancing the bells. I might be wrong of course, but that's my guess. Perhaps you have to ask from the distributor?

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: To Syys 17, 2009 7:01 pm 
Poissa
Ei vain toiminnallista vaan ultratoiminnallista

Not every Asian manufacturer pack all the weight to bottom of bell. Some manufactures really do great job with manufacturing kettlebells.

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: To Syys 17, 2009 7:11 pm 
Poissa

Juha R kirjoitti:
Not every Asian manufacturer pack all the weight to bottom of bell. Some manufactures really do great job with manufacturing kettlebells.

Of course, I'm not saying that those aren't good. :) I have zero idea what is inside the bells and what is the manufacturing process anyway. I use bells that are made in Asia and love each one of them. :mrgreen: Absolutely nothing wrong with any of my bells, no matter where those came from.

But if Tempo wants something that is perfectly balanced, it's really hard to say.

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: To Syys 17, 2009 7:21 pm 
Poissa
The Traveling Girevik

You are so helpful Kukka! It sounds promising, if the Lieto guys say great, Kukka says fine, and I had a good first impression, it might be worth the risk.

The distributor states that they are "perfectly balanced" in their ads. But, I guess that it is difficult for them to know that each copy is ok.

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: To Syys 17, 2009 7:24 pm 
Poissa

What can I say? I bet she knows better! :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xnxPcYlgqY

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: To Syys 17, 2009 7:35 pm 
Poissa
The Traveling Girevik

Juha R kirjoitti:

That is true. They do lots of high quality stuff over there. For example, Eleiko's solid bells are generally good quality (but I have problems with the shape, but that's decided in Sweden).
Talking quality only - what I think is the problem is really to sort the good far East products out from the bad ones.
(I don't need anything perfect, as long as it is not torture-bells :D )

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: To Syys 17, 2009 8:01 pm 
Poissa
The Traveling Girevik

Yes, a German company, when I ordered, prices were good:
http://www.c-of-c.de/shop/index.php?cat=c15_Kettlebells.html&XTCsid=4cdleb41l8llc941ce9lato5c2 (middle of page).

Rougher finnish and thicker metal than the old harjoitt. Comp bells.

I foresee IgX coming. :lol:

Profiili  

Näytä viestit ajalta:  Järjestä  
Aloita uusi ketju Vastaa viestiin  [ 254 viestiä ]  Mene sivulle Edellinen  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Seuraava

Kaikki ajat ovat UTC